Food Safety Advice
In the Parish Centre
- Wash hands before handling, preparing or serving foods
- Before preparation clean surfaces with hot soapy water then a sanitiser spray
- Fridges must hold food below 5oc. Any raw meat must be stored at the bottom of the fridge below any ready to eat foods.
- Wash hands after handling raw meat.
- Prepare fruit and veg on a different board than raw meats.
- Ready to eat dairy food should be kept in the fridge until use
- When food is cooked it must be piping and above 80oc
- Any left-over food should be disposed of
If you are cooking at home and bringing the food to the Parish Centre
- Before starting preparation, any pets (or young children) should be removed from the kitchen and you should preparation clean surfaces with hot soapy water then sanitiser spray
- Raw meat should be prepared in a separate area on a dedicated raw meat board away from ready to eat foods. Wash hands before and after handling meat
- If food has been previously cooked and is being reheated it should reach 80oc
- Cold food should be transported to the Parish Centre in cool bags and then placed in the fridge
- Hot food can be transported hot in a secure container if the travel time is short and then the food should be held above 63oc until service