Parish of Verwood
Data Protection Policy
We are committed to protecting personal data and respecting the rights of our data subjects – the people whose personal data we collect and use. The personal information entrusted to us is important for our work, and we respect that trust by complying with all relevant laws and adopting good practice.
We process personal data to help us:
- provide pastoral support for members and others connected with our church;
- recruit, support and manage staff and volunteers;
- manage church activities and events;
- manage the use of church facilities, including the Parish Centre, by members and non-members;
- provide voluntary services for the benefit of the public in the parish;
- safeguard children, young people and adults at risk;
- inform members, and others connected with our church, of events, activities and services;
- fundraise, and maintain accounts and financial records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- meet our legal requirements, including under the Charities Act, and to collate non-personal data as required by the diocese;
- respond effectively to enquirers and handle any complaints.
We are committed to protecting personal data from being misused, getting into the wrong hands as a result of poor security or being shared carelessly, or being inaccurate, as we are aware that people can be upset or harmed if any of these things happen.
We will make sure that all personal data is:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, up to date;
- not kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed;
- processed in a secure manner, by using appropriate technical and organisational means;
- processed in keeping with the rights of data subjects regarding their personal data.
A full copy of our Data Privacy Notice.