Full-time Youth and Children’s Worker
St Michael’s and All Saints Churches Verwood, Dorset, BH31
£23,000 – £26,000 – Full-time, 2-year post
This is an exciting new appointment with the primary purpose of leading the development of youth and children’s work in the parish of Verwood.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- To develop and deepen opportunities for children and young people to explore and develop faith
- Share the Christian faith with young people in vibrant, challenging and relevant ways.
- Develop and lead own mission-shaped project ideas and schemes by using your gifts, skills and interests to engage children and young people into the wider life of the church. For example, in the area of music, arts, sport or outdoor pursuits.
- Welcome and integrate new children and families into the church by developing strong relationships with young people, promoting the Christian faith, offering support and encouraging discipleship.
- To Further develop links with local schools
- Build collaborative relationships with head teachers and their teams.
- Lead worship in schools.
- Be involved in school lunch time activities.
- To grow a team of committed volunteers equipped to serve children and young people.
- Lead and grow the existing team of volunteers.
- Encourage new volunteers to join our team.
- You will need a good rapport with young people and be comfortable leading groups in schools and in church.
- You will need to work flexibly with initiative and be well organised.
- Be a committed Christian and continuing to grow in your own faith and discipleship.
- High standard of education (GCSE and above).
- Recognised qualification in youth and community work or relevant professional qualification.
- A DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required.
- Driving licence.
Salary: £23,000 – £26,000 annually depending on experience for a full-time 37.5 hours per week to include Sundays.
Appointment funded for two years with view to extend if future funding is secured
If you would like to apply for the post, please send your CV with a letter of application to the Vicar, St Michael & All Angels Church, Church Hill, Verwood Dorset BH31 6HT
Closing date: 18th March
Interviews: 1st April.
We look forward to hearing from you.