The Choir work hard every Friday evening practising hymns for the 9.30am Sunday Service and are keen for new members to join. The choir especially enjoys preparing for special Church services, for example in Holy Week and Easter, Advent and Christmas.
Some members of the Choir have attended various Singing workshop days (these provide opportunities for choir members to have extra training and experience with professional conductors and composers).
The choir also take part in additional services and events including:
- Singing at the Mayor’s Civic Service
- Singing in Prom Praise Wessex at the Lighthouse
- Olivet to Calvary on Palm Sunday
- Way of the Cross and the Liturgy on Good Friday
- Performing at the St Michael’s Music Festival
- Singing carols at Christmas outside Morrisons; and at Acorns Dementia Home
We have worked hard but also enjoyed ourselves with social events for example, All Souls tea, the annual Choir Barbeque, attending the local pantomime and “Ladies that Lunch’’.
If anyone is interested in joining the Choir, aged 7 and above (no upper age limit!), please get in touch via the Parish Office